TurboVap® LV Concentration Evaporator Workstation provides simultaneous evaporation of up to 50 samples. This evaporation system offers many interchangeable tube racks giving you the flexibility for automated low volume sample preparation ranging in volumes size from 1.5 mL to 30 mL.
TurboVap® LV evaporation system is an automated high speed, low volume sample concentrator. It is an efficient alternative to the inconvenient set-up, constant monitoring and long evaporation times that are characteristic of conventional techniques. With the TurboVap LV system, you simply “load and leave”. A water bath gives an even temperature and gas flow is delivered over a set time period. Turn on 1 to 5 manifolds depending on the number of samples and the timer will alert you when your samples are ready.
The microprocessor-control provides monitoring of the timed operation and water bath temperature. It also provides automatic gas shutoff and operational diagnostics.
TurboVap® LV is commonly used for evaporation of solvents following solid phase extraction clean-up of drug samples or pesticide extracts. It is ideal for sample volumes of 1 mL to 30 mL that need to be evaporated in GC vials, microcentrifuge tubes, conical bottom tubes or test tubes. It offers a high throughput solution with 50 sample positions using the standard range of Biotage racks.
TurboVap® LV can be used in conjunction with the RapidTrace®+ Automated SPE workstation that collects extracts in 12 x 75 mm, 13 x 100 mm, or 16 x 100 mm test tubes. For acidic solutions, Biotage offer PTFE coated nozzles to prevent corrosion.
For volumes greater than 30 mL, an ASE compatible version of TurboVap® LV is available for use in conjunction with Dionex ASE 200 columns.
- Patented vortex shearing technology
- Proven compliance with EPA methods
- 10x faster than centrifugal evaporators
- 3x faster than hot blocks
- 2x faster than conventional N2 blow down
- Unattended operation for up to 50 samples
- Twelve racks available for tube sizes from 1.5 mL to 30 mL
- Controlled water bath adjustable from ambient to 90 °C
- Built-in nitrogen regulator
- Unattended operation improves lab productivity
- User-friendly displays and diagnostics
- Convenient size—no hood space required
- No tube balancing required
- Easily swap racks to change between different tube sizes
- Requires no additional equipment such as vacuum pumps and vacuum traps